LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralConfiguration

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
hectorgg

Configuration

Postby hectorgg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello Guys

I don't use Latex but sometimes we have to install it for some Student and normally we install texniccenter and miktex.
We had to reinstall in one PC both software and they works but when the systems needs new packages ask for admin password.
I'm not an expert, but the user (that has not admin privileges) told me before we reintalled the software she were able to download and install packages by herself without admin privileges.

So my doubt is if previously has some configuration that was permitting that.....??

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:48 pm

A user can install packages in user mode and does not need admin rights.

On the other hand, MikTeX and Texniccenter... Seems like nobody reviewed other possibilities within the last decade.

MikTeX itself comes with an Editor named texworks. An alternative to MikTeX would be TeX Live, which also ships with texworks and does a full installation by default.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Return to “General”