LaTeX forum ⇒ Text FormattingChange Title Size in Article

Information and discussion about LaTeX's general text formatting features (e.g. bold, italic, enumerations, ...)
lds81

Change Title Size in Article

Postby lds81 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi,

I would like to ask how i can reduce the size of the main title of the article so that it takes fewer lines. Also is it possible to break the title at one point somehow? Thanks.

Lazaros

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sun May 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Lazaros,

welcome to the board!

Do you use the standard article class? Do you use \maketitle? You could always show what you do by posting a Infominimal working example, so we can directly work on this example code.

In general, you could use the {titlepage} environment for designing your own title page.

Stefan
LaTeX.org admin

lds81

Postby lds81 » Sun May 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes i'm using the standard article class and the \maketitle command to create the title. The only thing i need is to change the size of the title so that it occupies 2 instead of 3 lines.

Lazaros

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sun May 06, 2012 3:32 pm

I would use a titlepage environment. Alternatively, I would redefine or patch the \maketitle command. However, a quick and easy way would be using the font size changing command within the argument of \title, such as

\title{\Large The very long title}

It should work, though I generally don't recommend to use font commands in macros which are intended to contain only text. I just don't wanted to complicate it here. But if you like to learn another way, we could do it.

Stefan
LaTeX.org admin

Return to “Text Formatting”