LaTeX forum ⇒ Theses, Books, Title pagesHow to use extraAbstract in Masters/Doctoral Thesis template Topic is solved

Classicthesis, Bachelor and Master thesis, PhD, Doctoral degree
nandhos

How to use extraAbstract in Masters/Doctoral Thesis template

Postby nandhos » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm

I'm using the Masters/Doctoral Thesis ( made by Vel, originally created by Steve R. Gunn and modified into a template by Sunil Patel.)

The main language is portuguese (brazilian) and the second english (only for extraAbstract).

I modified the preambule as follow:
  1. %----------------------------------------------------------
  2. % PACKAGES AND OTHER DOCUMENT CONFIGURATIONS
  3. %----------------------------------------------------------
  4. \documentclass[
  5. 11pt, % The default document font size, options: 10pt, 11pt, 12pt
  6. oneside, % Two side (alternating margins) for binding by default, uncomment to switch to one side
  7. english, brazilian, % ngerman for German
  8. singlespacing, % Single line spacing, alternatives: onehalfspacing or doublespacing
  9. %draft, % Uncomment to enable draft mode (no pictures, no links, overfull hboxes indicated)
  10. %nolistspacing, % If the document is onehalfspacing or doublespacing, uncomment this to set spacing in lists to single
  11. %liststotoc, % Uncomment to add the list of figures/tables/etc to the table of contents
  12. %toctotoc, % Uncomment to add the main table of contents to the table of contents
  13. %parskip, % Uncomment to add space between paragraphs
  14. %nohyperref, % Uncomment to not load the hyperref package
  15. headsepline, % Uncomment to get a line under the header
  16. %chapterinoneline, % Uncomment to place the chapter title next to the number on one line
  17. %consistentlayout, % Uncomment to change the layout of the declaration, abstract and acknowledgements pages to match the default layout
  18. ]{MastersDoctoralThesis} % The class file specifying the document structure​

As you see, I only modified the "english, brazilian" option. Every chapters are in portuguese as expected. I need two abstracts: one in portuguese and another in english, but the extraAbstract is in portuguese too. I tried to force it using
  1. \renewcommand{\abstractname}{Abstract}
but don't modity the whole parts of the abstract page, as the option . I looking for inside the cls file, they recommend don't modify the file. I make same tries in the part "ABSTRACT PAGE DESIGN" without success. I think need to introduce the title and another thesis information in english.

So, some clue to get two abstracts in to languages (portuguese and english)?

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:57 pm

The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:34 am

Any news here? The linked answer should answer your question perfectly.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Return to “Theses, Books, Title pages”