LaTeX forum ⇒ Theses, Books, Title pagesTheorem environment

Classicthesis, Bachelor and Master thesis, PhD, Doctoral degree
templateuser

Theorem environment

Postby templateuser » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:07 pm

Hey guys,

I have two questions regarding the (very helpful!) master thesis - template:

1. In general, how do I modify the theorem environment?
2. In particular: by typing

1. \begin{proposition}
  2. ...
  3. \end{proposition}

I get, for example, Proposition 2.4. How do I get rid of the last dot? So my desired output would be Proposition 2.4

Thanks in advance!

Edit: To be more precise, this is the preamble I am referring to (w/o contents etc. due to space restriction here):

1. \documentclass[11pt, oneside]{Thesis} % The default font size and one-sided printing (no margin offsets)
  2. \usepackage{amsthm,amsmath,amssymb,bm,bbm} % Formelsetzung und mathematische Symbole
  3. \theoremstyle{plain}
  4. \theoremstyle{definition}
  5. \theoremstyle{remark}
  6. \usepackage{dsfont}
  7. %
  8. % Grafik-Pakete einbinden
  9. \usepackage{graphicx,psfrag} % Basis-Pakete zum Laden von Bildern (jpg?)
  10. \usepackage{float}
  11. \usepackage{color} % erweitertes Farb-Paket, alternativ: 'xcolor'
  12. %\usepackage{pstricks,pst-plot} % weiteres Paket zur Erstellung von LaTeX-Grafiken
  13. %
  14. % erweiterte Tabellen
  15. \usepackage{array} % Basis-Paket
  16. \usepackage{booktabs} % 'schöne' Tabellen
  17. \usepackage{tabularx} % Tabellen mit dynamischer Spaltenbreite
  18. \usepackage{longtable} % Tabellen mit möglichem Seitenumbruch
  19. \usepackage{multirow} % mehrzeilige Zellen
  21. \newcommand{\iffdef}{\mathrel{\mathop{\raisebox{1pt}{\scriptsize$:$}}}\Leftrightarrow} %Makro für Definitionspfeil
  22. \newcommand{\equaldef}{\mathrel{\mathop{\raisebox{1pt}{\scriptsize$:$}}}=} % Makro für Definitionsgleichheitszeichen
  23. %
  24. % weitere
  25. \usepackage{verbatim, listings} % Darstellung von Quellcode
  26. \lstset{language=TeX,basicstyle=\footnotesize,frame=single,breaklines=true}
  27. \usepackage[format=plain,indention=.5cm]{caption} % für selbsdefinierte captions
  28. \usepackage{stmaryrd} % Blitzsymbol bei Widerspruch
  30. \graphicspath{{Pictures/}} % Specifies the directory where pictures are stored
  31. \usepackage[authoryear]{natbib} %Harvard Style
  32. % Use the natbib reference package - read up on this to edit the reference style; if you want text (e.g. Smith et al., 2012) for the in-text references (instead of numbers), remove 'numbers'
  33. \setcitestyle{round,aysep={},yysep={;}} %citation punctuation: round braces, no comma nor semicolon between author and year
  34. \hypersetup{urlcolor=black, colorlinks=true} % Colors hyperlinks in blue - change to black if annoying
  35. \title{\ttitle} % Defines the thesis title - don't touch this
  37. \begin{document}
  39. \frontmatter % Use roman page numbering style (i, ii, iii, iv...) for the pre-content pages
  41. \setstretch{1.5} % Line spacing of 1.5
  43. % Define the page headers using the FancyHdr package and set up for one-sided printing
  44. \fancyhead{} % Clears all page headers and footers
  45. \rhead{\thepage} % Sets the right side header to show the page number
  46. \lhead{} % Clears the left side page header
  48. \pagestyle{fancy} % Finally, use the "fancy" page style to implement the FancyHdr headers
  50. \setlength{\parindent}{10pt} %einzug bei neuem absatz
  52. \newcommand{\HRule}{\rule{\linewidth}{0.5mm}} % New command to make the lines in the title page
  54. % PDF meta-data
  55. \hypersetup{pdftitle={\ttitle}}
  56. \hypersetup{pdfsubject=\subjectname}
  57. \hypersetup{pdfauthor=\authornames}
  58. \hypersetup{pdfkeywords=\keywordnames}
  60. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  61. % TITLE PAGE
  62. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  65. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  66. % DECLARATION PAGE
  67. % Your institution may give you a different text to place here
  68. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  71. \clearpage % Start a new page
  73. \clearpage % Start a new page
  76. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  77. % BIBLIOGRAPHY
  78. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  80. \label{Bibliography}
  82. \lhead{\emph{Bibliography}} % Change the page header to say "Bibliography"
  84. \bibliographystyle{dcu} % Use the "unsrtnat" BibTeX style for formatting the Bibliography
  87. \bibliography{Bibliography} % The references (bibliography) information are stored in the file named "Bibliography.bib"
  89. \end{document}

mk7

Tags:

Return to “Theses, Books, Title pages”