LaTeX forum ⇒ Articles, Essays, and Journal Templates"Undefined control sequence" error from ACS template achemso Topic is solved

IEEE, Elsevier, ACM, ACE, Science, AGU, PNAS, PLOS, RSoC, Springer, Stylish articles and Essays
PZJuly

"Undefined control sequence" error from ACS template achemso

Postby PZJuly » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi guys,

I'm rather new to both LaTex and the template achemso, with which I'm trying to write an article.

However, somehow I'm getting the error:
  1. ! Undefined control sequence.
  2. 1.1342 \msg_kernel_new:nnn
  3. { xparse } { bad-arg-spec }
  4. ?

I basically just installed the CTex package and then achemso template. Then I do TeXify in the achemso-dem.tex. The process end with the above error.

In the forum there was similar discussion on "Undefined control sequence" issue. It was due to file version conflict. For my case, all packages are installed today from the a same reservoir. So probably the problem has another cause?

Thanks in advance!

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:51 pm

Check the log file for xparse and check where it is loaded. I think you have an outdated version somewhere.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

PZJuly

Postby PZJuly » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Johannes_B wrote:Check the log file for xparse and check where it is loaded. I think you have an outdated version somewhere.

Thanks Johannes,

I'm in the process of updating MiKTex as you suggested. Let's see if the error disappears.

PZJuly

Postby PZJuly » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:23 pm

After update tex, the TeXify process does go through without error.

Thank you, Johanness, for the suggestion!

Return to “Articles, Essays, and Journal Templates”