LaTeX forum ⇒ Articles, Essays, and Journal TemplatesChange Abstract to Resumo Topic is solved

IEEE, Elsevier, ACM, ACE, Science, AGU, PNAS, PLOS, RSoC, Springer, Stylish articles and Essays
templateuser

Change Abstract to Resumo

Postby templateuser » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:27 am

Hi

I would like to change "Abstract" to "Resumo". I tried to use \renewcommand and it only worked for Contents. Any suggestion of what I could do? Ah, I also tried to use babel.

Thanks.

juoceano

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi,
do \renewcommand{\abstractname}{juoceano}

it would be better to use the global option spanish (or whatever language you prefer) and use \selectlanguage{spanish} right after \begin{document}.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

che00

Postby che00 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:31 am

I suspect the code should be the same...but if I want to eliminate the "Abstract" heading (the report I'm using this template for doesn't really have a template), how do I eliminate it? I can easily take out the text for the template by having empty brackets, but I can't figure out how to eliminate the "Abstract" heading. Putting a % in front of the \Abstract line eliminates the entire Abstract box, which I don't want to do. Following the directions above also didn't work. Below is code.

1. \documentclass[fleqn,10pt]{SelfArx}
  2. \usepackage[english]{babel}
  3. \usepackage{graphicx}
  4. \usepackage{fancyhdr}
  5. \pagestyle{fancy}
  6. \usepackage{xcolor}
  7. %------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  8. % COLUMNS
  9. %------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  11. \setlength{\columnsep}{0.55cm}
  12. \setlength{\fboxrule}{0.75pt}
  14. %-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  15. % COLORS
  16. %-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  18. \definecolor{color1}{cmyk}{1,0.46,0,0.70}
  19. \definecolor{color2}{RGB}{0,20,20} % Color of the boxes behind the abstract and headings
  21. %---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  22. % HYPERLINKS
  23. %---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  25. \usepackage{hyperref} % Required for hyperlinks
  26. \hypersetup{hidelinks,colorlinks,breaklinks=true,urlcolor=color2,citecolor=color1,linkcolor=color1,bookmarksopen=false,pdftitle={Title},pdfauthor={Author}}
  28. %---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  29. % ARTICLE INFORMATION
  30. %---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  32. \JournalInfo{} % Journal information
  33. \Archive{March 2016}
  35. \PaperTitle{Title}
  36. \Authors{Author 1\textsuperscript{1}*}
  37. \affiliation{\small \textsuperscript{1}\textit{Director}} % Author affiliation
  38. \affiliation{*\textbf{Corresponding author}: Email@address.com}
  39. \Keywords{Keywords --- --- ---}
  40. \newcommand{\keywordname}{Keywords}
  42. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  43. % ABSTRACT
  44. %---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  45. \Abstract{Abstract}
  46. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  47. \begin{document}
  48. \flushbottom % Makes all text pages the same height
  49. \maketitle % Print the title and abstract box
  50. \tableofcontents % Print the contents section
  51. \thispagestyle{empty} % Removes page numbering from the first page
  53. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  54. % ARTICLE CONTENTS
  55. %----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  57. \section*{Introduction}
  58. \addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Introduction}
  59. \normalsize Here is an introduction.
  61. \end{document}

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:39 am

1. \addto\captionsenglish{%
  2. \renewcommand{\abstractname}{}
  3. }
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

che00

Postby che00 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks! Is there a specific place that I need to post that code?

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:21 pm

I placed it between the %%%%%ABSTRACT thing and the actual abstract.

che00

Postby che00 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks!

Return to “Articles, Essays, and Journal Templates”