LaTeX forum ⇒ TeXworksDependence of Encoding and Operating System Topic is solved

Information and discussion about TeXworks, an integrated LaTeX environment for several platforms
AliceWonder

Dependence of Encoding and Operating System

Postby AliceWonder » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 pm

I use TeX Live 2012 installed in CentOS 6. But I use laptop running Windows 7 with Notepad++ to edit, then transmit the sources via SCP to Linux. But going out of town, so I installed proTeXt which has TeXworks.

The files that compile perfectly in TeXLive pdflatex did not in TeXworks.

First it was complaining about missing begin of the document - I removed a commented out line above the complaint, and then further down, it complained where I include a graphic.

I commented out inclusion of the graphic. Now it runs pdflatex w/o error but some pages have these odd characters ï˙z£ at the bottom.

Is there a problem using *nix line break and UTF8 with TeXworks from proTeXt ??
What do I need to do?

Not critical, I can live with the bug until I get back from thanksgiving and can use TeX Live again, but is there something I need to do to make sure my TeX is portable between the platforms?

Tags:

AliceWonder

Postby AliceWonder » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:48 am

It appears this isn't anything to do with TeXWorks. Changing EOL (end of line) to Windows and encoding to ANSI did solve the problem, not sure both were necessary.

Return to “TeXworks”