In this way I can use PDFLaTeX and I don't care about the type of figures: EPS, PDF, PNG, etc.
Everything works fine on a machine (Win 7 pro) with TexnicCenter 1.0 + MiKTeX 2.9 x32 (which is an older version without the latest updates; I'm not administrator on that machine so I can't do any update).
On my personal PC (Win 7 pro) with TexnicCenter 1.0 + MiKTeX 2.9x32 (with the latest updates) the conversion doesn't work:
I have reinstalled both MiKTeX and TexnicCenter and still it doesn't work. Windows UAC is disabled, COMODO (with defence+) is disabled too. When I remove the period from ".eps", it works but it takes only the "-dEPSCrop" argument; the other arguments are not considered, and so the fonts aren't embedded.
I have also tried:
- to move the project files to another partition, thinking that it may be a problem with the path.
- installing TeXnicCenter x64 + MiKTeX 2.9 x64 (which is the current configuration) and the problem persist.
I have no other ideas left. If you can test this command on your PC, please let a reply.