LaTeX forum ⇒ MakeIndex, Nomenclature, Glossaries and AcronymsWhere to create makeindex code?

Information and discussion about MakeIndex - the tool to generate subject indices for LaTeX documents.
tekkerchrede

Where to create makeindex code?

Postby tekkerchrede » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi,

I would like to make a nomenclature with units, designations etc. for my diploma (bachelor) thesis. However I have trouble in figuring out how to perform this command line task in Windows:

1. makeindex hfilenamei.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o hfilenamei.nls

from http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/ctan/macros/latex/contrib/nomencl/nomencl.pdf, page 2.

Despite several attemtps with google, I still haven't found a way to compile a nomenclature. Ending up with an error telling me of filename extensions, I assume the error is related to the above mentioned line of code.

After reading this topic http://www.latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6093&p=23813&hilit=nomenclature+make#p23813 (Nomenclature error), I now get this message instead:

1. Process started
  3. This is makeindex, version 2.14 [02-Oct-2002] (kpathsea + Thai support).
  4. Scanning input file Rapport.idx...done (0 entries accepted, 0 rejected).
  5. Nothing written in Rapport.ind. Transcript written in Rapport.ilg.
  7. Process exited normally

I use MikTex 2.8 and Texmaker on Windows XP.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

tekkerchrede

Postby tekkerchrede » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, finally I sorted it out. However I would like to have a listing containing the symbol, unit and the description. For now, it is with the unit to the (far) right. I use the code below. Can anyone btw tell me, why the pagelayout isn't applied to the first page, when it works for the toc and list of figures.

Regards

1. \usepackage[intoc]{nomencl}
  2. \makenomenclature
  4. \makepagestyle{symbolliste}
  5. \makeevenhead{symbolliste}{\includegraphics[scale=0.45]{logo}}{\sffamily id-code}{\sffamily Name}
  6. \makeoddhead{symbolliste}{\includegraphics[scale=0.45]{logo}}{\sffamily id-code}{\sffamily Name}
  7. \makeevenfoot{symbolliste}{\sffamily Symbolliste}{\sffamily Title}{\sffamily \thepage}
  8. \makeoddfoot{symbolliste}{\sffamily Symbolliste}{\sffamily Title}{\sffamily \thepage}
  9. \makeheadrule{symbolliste}{\textwidth}{0.4pt}
  10. \makefootrule{symbolliste}{\textwidth}{0.4pt}{2 mm}
  13. \begin{document}
  14. \frontmatter
  15. \pagestyle{toc}
  16. \tableofcontents
  17. \pagebreak
  18. \pagestyle{figures}
  19. \listoffigures
  20. \pagebreak
  21. \pagestyle{symbolliste}
  22. \printnomenclature