LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralHow to install fonts?

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
alvamabel2018

How to install fonts?

Postby alvamabel2018 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Hello. I have the following problem:

I want to use the TIPA package for phonetic characters in LaTeX. I am follwing the installation guide in the TIPA manual, and it looks to me like I am doing it correctly, but it sure as hell doesn't work. The fonts don't display like they're supposed to. No matter what I type in a \textipa command (used for displaying phonetic characters), I just get what looks like an apostrophe and a lambda.

I apologize for the poor description, but it's hard for me to provide more info, because I really don't know what I am doing. I am just following the installation guide. At least I think I am. I've placed a bunch of STY and FD and MAP and MF and DEF and TFM and PFB files in my TeX folder, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

jimicev

Postby jimicev » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:54 pm

alvamabel2018 wrote:Hello. I have the following problem:

I want to use the TIPA package for phonetic characters in LaTeX. I am follwing the installation guide in the TIPA manual, and it looks to me like I am doing it correctly, but it sure as hell doesn't work. The fonts don't display like they're supposed to. No matter what I type in a \textipa command (used for displaying phonetic characters), I just get what looks like an apostrophe and a lambda.

I apologize for the poor description, but it's hard for me to provide more info, because I really don't know what I am doing. I am just following the installation guide. At least I think I am. I've placed a bunch of STY and FD and MAP and MF and DEF and TFM and PFB files in my TeX folder, but it doesn't work.

Can anyone help?

Hi buddy, happening the same with me, did you get any way out yet?

Regards,
Jimi Smith Plex Tutuapp Vidmate

DavidDaily

Postby DavidDaily » Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Hey I don't know if you ever found a solution to this, but I used .tff fonts and XeLaTeX instead, which was much easier. It let me create such monstrosities as this: https://files.daviddaily.dev/LaTeX/Commie%20UwUfesto/Hell.pdf using the Hellvetica font.

Return to “General”