LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralManual Package Installation Topic is solved

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
bartadam

Manual Package Installation

Postby bartadam » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi,

I'm a relative LaTeX newbie, just managed to get by.

However, I am currently compiling a document that uses a style file containing this line .
  1. \RequirePackage[...,pdfa=true]{hyperref}

And I get this error message.
  1. Package keyval Error: pdfa undefined\ProcessKeyvalOptions

Deleting pdfa=true lets the document compile, but I think it's why the journal I am trying to submit the article to won't upload and compile the article.

Having done some searches, I suspect it's because I have an old version of the hyperref package that doesn't admit the new option pdfa? I have downloaded hyperref from CTAN, but I do not understand the installation instructions.

Could anyone give me some step-by-step list of instructions for a complete dummy. It's on Fedora 17, using Kile.

Thanks in advance

Tags:

cgnieder
Site Moderator

Postby cgnieder » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Hi bartadam,

welcome to the LaTeX community!

This link might help: How do I install an individual package on a Linux system?.

However, a better way would be to update your TeX distribution. If you use the packaged version installed via your linux distribution you most likely have an outdated system. The packaged TeX distributions always are behind plain “vanilla” TeX Live. Hopefully helpful links:

Regards
Clemens
------------------------------
chemmacros · chemformula · leadsheets · xsim

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi bartadam,

welcome to the forum!

Have a look at: Installing TeX Live on Linux which Svend wrote for LaTeX-Community.org. It'a about installing the newest TeX Live on Fedora Linux.

If you are not worried about using an online compiler, there are several you could simply try with your file. They should provide a current TeX installation. For example:

Stefan
Site admin

bartadam

Postby bartadam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the welcoming messages and your advice.

I have decided to install texlive as suggested. It has just finished installing, but I don't understand how to configure Kile to use it.

Thanks

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:09 pm

Go through the Kile settings ... if it's installed, it should just be a matter of correct Kile application settings. What are they now? Check, try, and explain if there would be problems.

Possibly TeX Live installed the editor texworks, so you could try it for a start.

Stefan
Site admin

bartadam

Postby bartadam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:21 pm

I can't find anywhere in the Kile settings that looks like the necessary thing. According to the documentation, isn't there some post-installation commands to enter?

bartadam

Postby bartadam » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Update:

No dramas; managed to get it to work, and my pdfa problem is sorted.

Thanks very much for the help.

Return to “General”