LaTeX forum ⇒ Generaldisappearing hyperlinks

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
maxhikorski

disappearing hyperlinks

Postby maxhikorski » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:20 pm

I have a problem; I'm not sure this is 100% within the scope of this forum, but I can but ask.

I have prepared my latex including hyperlinks, I have pdf-ed it, and all the hyperlinks work beautifully in the pdf.

Now I load this pdf onto my webspace, and the hyperlinks are preserved (I've checked this by downloading the file again). Now I download this pdf via a link from my webpage, and when I do, the hyperlinks have all mysteriously vanished. Does anyone have any insight into the situation? Many thanks if so,

With best wishes,

Jonny

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi Jonny,

perhaps post your original PDF and the PDF without hyperlinks, we could compare metadata and file content. You put it on webspace anyway, so it's probably not secret classified information. You can post such files as attachment here.

Stefan
Site admin

maxhikorski

Postby maxhikorski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:43 pm

It seems that when I open the pdf from the website, the hyperlinks are not visible, but when I save the pdf onto my machine and then reopen it, the hyperlinks reappear. So problem solved! Thank you for you offer of help, Stefan.

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Good to see that it's solved!

Perhaps just the web browser PDF display plugin doesn't work well or doesn't support this kind of links. Did you use \url or \href and hyperref package generated links? Without hyperref and just using \url, good PDF viewers may show active hyperlinks but not every displayer would.

Stefan
Site admin

Return to “General”