LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralInstallation help!

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
lcrispin

Installation help!

Postby lcrispin » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks in advance for any help!
I've been using Texnic Center with MikTex for a long time. But yesterday, my computer got upgraded to Windows 10, so now I have to reinstall everything. So I redownloaded these programs...and now I can't get Texnic Center working.
The problem is in the installation wizard, when I tell it what path to use for the executable files, it keeps giving me an error. All the files seem to be in C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\x64, but that doesn't seem to satisfy the install wizard.

Any ideas? It is a Windows 10 problem? Is it an installation problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Laura

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 am

Hi Laura,

welcome to the forum!

Did you manage to finish the installation? I remember I used the bin folder without the x64. But that was a long time ago.

TeXnicCenter doesn't seem to be actively developed. You could try TeXstudio or Texmaker, that are also capable LaTeX editors. I use the slim and fast TeXworks, as I don't need a lot of wizards and buttons. :-)

Stefan
Site admin

Return to “General”