I just started university and decided to graduate from Word for writing my papers, theses and so on.
But I have some problems with probably the most simple things. I got this template and I have to change the layout to the following criteria:
- Paper: DIN A4
- Margins: left: 2.5cm, right: 3cm, top: 2.5cm, bottom: 2.5cm
- Font: Serif font for example Times New Roman
- Font size: 12pt, 10pt for tables, footnotes etc.
- Spacing: 1 1/2 and 1 in footnotes
- Text has to be justified.
I used geometry to set the site layout to DIN A4 and to set the margins. For the 1 1/2 spacing I used
\onehalfspacing. In the document class I have got
12ptlook far too big. For a serif font I used
Are these changes correct? How do I use justified text and how can I use a font with the right size as in
12ptTimes New Roman in Word?