LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & TablesFirst-time use of circuit_macros

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
mandresybilly

First-time use of circuit_macros

Postby mandresybilly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:33 am

I am using WINDOWS 8.1, am a REAL BEGINNER with circuit_macros, a tool for creating circuit diagrams written by Dwight Aplevich. I am interested in creating circuit diagrams with M4 macros and creating a Tikz compatible version of it. I first read the 8package manual found at the package's repository but I realized that the support for Windows users is very limited since most of the avalaible documentation are for UNIX and GNU/Linux users.

According to the instructions, here is what I have done so far:

Download the executable of dpic (pic interpreter) from
https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~aplevich/dpic ... index.html (THIS STEP IS DONE)

Download and install a m4 macro interpreter.
Still according to Aplevich's instructions on the repository, one may download a program from the sourceforge website at:
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/m4.htm (STEP DONE)

Download and unzip the circuit_macros distrubiton from CTAN (THIS STEP IS DONE)

Decide where to install the .m4 library files (THIS STEP IS DONE)
In accordance with what is suggested on the README file, I created the localtexmf folder at C:\localtexmf\Circuit_macros and copied the donwnloaded unzipped files of the distrubition to the target folder.

Copy boxdims.sty from the top distribution directory to where LaTeX will find it
I have no idea how this can be done. It is the first time I am manually installing a package, and it is quite a challenge for me.

Define the environment variable M4PATH to point to the installation directory determined in Step 1.
Again, I don't know how to do this on my WINDOWS PC.

It would be really helpful if someone can make a comprehensive step-by-step, for dummies-like list of instructions of how to get circuit_macrosup and running on Windows systems. Thanks in advance.

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:01 am

The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

mandresybilly

Postby mandresybilly » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:27 pm

@Johannes_B Please go ahead and delete the post above. It is clumsy from my side.

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”