LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & Tablesminipage doesnt do what it should do Topic is solved

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
Scorpion

minipage doesnt do what it should do

Postby Scorpion » Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Hey!
this should be a very easy to solve problem but i dont know what to do. I simply want at my titlepage on the left side a logo and on the right side text. I had it the other way arround and it perfeclty worked out but in this costelation it doesnt :(

1. \thispagestyle{empty}
  2. \begin{titlepage}
  4. \newgeometry{left=35mm, right=35mm, top=23mm, bottom=20mm}
  6. \begin{figure}[H]
  7. \begin{minipage}[c][][c]{40mm}
  8. \includegraphics[width=40mm]{./Bilder/Logo.png}
  9. \end{minipage}
  11. \hfill
  13. \begin{minipage}[c][][c]{80mm}
  14. TEXT \\
  15. TEXT \\
  16. \\
  17. TEXT
  18. \end{minipage}
  19. \end{figure}

as coded above, the text is just below the picture and not at the same level on the right!
Plz help me!

Best
Johannes

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Mon May 06, 2013 6:57 am

Hi, you have to delete the empty lines between the minipages (you can do so by commenting them out, if you want to keep the lines), cause this means a new paragraph to LaTeX. Furthermore, you do not need a figure-environment, cause you do not want the picture to float, right?
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Scorpion

Postby Scorpion » Mon May 06, 2013 11:36 am

Johannes_B wrote:Hi, you have to delete the empty lines between the minipages (you can do so by commenting them out, if you want to keep the lines), cause this means a new paragraph to LaTeX. Furthermore, you do not need a figure-environment, cause you do not want the picture to float, right?

you were totally right (with both) Johannes ;) Thank you very much!

Best
Johannes

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”