LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & TablestikZ | List of Options for Pictures Topic is solved

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
Hrs

tikZ | List of Options for Pictures

Postby Hrs » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi all!

Where can I find a list of all tikzpicture options? Internet searcher leads me to a pgf manual and other documents, where I can't find this.

And particularly I need to make a tikzpicture with size, for example, 10cm*10cm. How can I do it?

Thank you in advance.

Tags:

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm

The pgf manual is the best source for this. It's just very comprehensive, so it's not easy to find. Have a look at 15.7 Establishing a Bounding Box in the pgf manual.

TikZ normally makes the picture as big as necessary so that its content fits, however you can specify the canvas size, i.e. the bounding box, yourself, using the command \useasboundingbox.

Btw. you don't always need to search the internet. Very probably the pgf manual is already on your computer, as documentation usually is. Just type "texdoc tikz" or "texdoc pgf" at the command prompt. You can also use texdoc.net as a service.

Stefan
Site admin

Hrs

Postby Hrs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:16 am

Thank you for responce!

But in internet i found better solution for sizing picture: using parameters of axis:
"height" and "width", lol. =))

All the best.

P.S.
Well the first post is not very correct, because i needed to change size of not a simple picture but a plot. And "particular" question is about pgfplot, but not about a tikz. Sorry about that.

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”