LaTeX forum ⇒ Text FormattingHelp ! one column abstrat in two column springer article

Information and discussion about LaTeX's general text formatting features (e.g. bold, italic, enumerations, ...)
nadia_la

Help ! one column abstrat in two column springer article

Postby nadia_la » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 am

Hello All,

I'm facing an issue when trying to format one column abstract inside two columns article. I'm using svjour3 template for springer for the first time. When I add the below code, the footer notes disappear and texstudio editor highlights @twocolumnfalse with red as unrecognized environment. A

\twocolumn[

\begin{@twocolumnfalse}

\maketitle

\begin{abstract}
Insert your abstract here. Include keywords, PACS and mathematical
subject classification numbers as needed.
\keywords{First keyword \and Second keyword \and More}
% \PACS{PACS code1 \and PACS code2 \and more}
% \subclass{MSC code1 \and MSC code2 \and more}
\end{abstract}

\end{@twocolumnfalse}

]

Any help please!

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Commands with the @ symbol are special. You need to activate expert mode to use them.

But really, Springer is in charge of styling your contribution. Your contribution is the content.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

nadia_la

Postby nadia_la » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Johannes_B wrote:Commands with the @ symbol are special. You need to activate expert mode to use them.

But really, Springer is in charge of styling your contribution. Your contribution is the content.

Thanks for your reply, I didn't get your point. What do you mean by expert mode?

and for the content, you mean no matter my format is, they will care about it.

Return to “Text Formatting”