LaTeX forum ⇒ Text Formattingspacing in arabtex

Information and discussion about LaTeX's general text formatting features (e.g. bold, italic, enumerations, ...)
BingoBongo

spacing in arabtex

Postby BingoBongo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:24 am

Hi everyone,

I use arabtex to write persian, because of the good typesetting and look of the textes. One Problem I couldn't resolve is, that there seems to be no small spaces. In the documentation there is a kind of small and big spaces between word, but this is not what I need nor is used in persian. To show the problem I upload a .gif
there you can see the persian word her/his house (khane ash). it is edited with the ISIRI- standard on a mac in a regular editor. without a space the word will become to a totally different word and means his houses (khanehash). With a regular space the words meaning is correct, but the words "khane" and "ash" are to far from each other and doesn't look correct. the third line is with the correct spacing. additional you see the arabtex result too, which of course looks like the second line of the gif picture. So, I would appreciate a lot, if someone could give me a clue to resolve this problem.

thanx

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey,
it is really hard for me to say something useful here as i am neither able to read nor write arabic script. There is also no code involved, i would need to come up with something on my own (see the limitations above).

The package seems to date back some time, since then unicode aware engines like Xe(La)TeX und Lua(La)TeX have been developed. You should check them out, especially package xepersian.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

BingoBongo

Postby BingoBongo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:57 pm

thank you for your help. It makes sense.I will see, if I can find some Informations regarding that.

BingoBongo

Postby BingoBongo » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:29 pm

I found a way to do a thin space in arabtech. You have to use \nospace between the words!!! in this case it would look like: _hAneh\nospace a^s

Return to “Text Formatting”