tomorrow, February 3, 2011, at about 11:00 GMT, the forum LaTeX-Community.org will be moved to a new server. It may take some hours or even days, until your computer knows the new IP address, but you may force it.
Here is some technical information if you would like to read about it:
- The domain latex-community.org and all sub addresses will remain the same.
- The Internet DNS will use a new IP address in the background, this new address will be automatically distributed on the internet.
- Until your computer knows the new address, the old one will redirect you to new.latex-community.org, which is a temporary alias for the new address.
There are ways how you can force your computer to learn about the new forum more quickly:
- If you use Windows, you can type at the command prompt:
- For other systems and for more information, you can have a look at How to Flush DNS
- If you have a switch or router at home between your computer and the internet provider, switching it off and on can cause it to refresh his addresses.
In case you notice that you are able to read on new.latex-community.org but you cannot login, this could be a cookie problem. In this case, try to refresh the DNS as described above, and use latex-community.org directly.
In case of questions you may send an email to email@example.com.
We are looking forward to seeing you on the new server. Stay tuned, new features are planned.
Sven and Stefan