we need a step by step explanation how to create a new button for an alternative PDF viewer (in our case we want to use Sumatra and Acrobat Reader). I know that it's possible to switch between different readers under "Execution modes -> PDF Viewer", but we want to switch that directly by using toolbar buttons.
LaTeX forum ⇒ WinEdt ⇒ New Button for alternative Viewer Topic is solved
Information and discussion about WinEdt, a commercial integrated LaTeX environment for Windows
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
OK, we found the solution after a few tries - so if someone is interested in it, here the step by step explanation how to create one.
- Configure in WinEdt -> Options -> Execution Modes -> PDF Viewer an alternative PDF viewer.
- Search in "%WinEdt%ConfigPDFAutoDetect.edt" which variable is connected with the PDF viewer for example "PDF-View3"
- Make a copy of "PDF Preview.edt" in %WinEdt%ExecPDF and rename this copy for example in "PDF Preview1.edt".
- Now edit "PDF Preview1.edt" and replace all. PDF-View variables with PDF-View3 (like in 2. found).
- Now start the Options Interface under WinEdt -> Options -> Options Interface.
- Create Button for Toolbar
- You find the Options Interface "Toolbar.ini" under Opt. Interf. -> Menus and Toolbar -> Toolbar.
- Create now in "Toolbar.ini" a new button like Button="Adobe_PDF_Preview2" next to the other toolbar button for the PDF viewer.
- Now open "MainMenu.ini" which you found under Opt. Interf. -> Menus and Toolbar -> Main Menu.
- Search for SUBMENU="PDF>" and create depending on settings in 3. and 6a.
- Save everything and press the button "Load Current Script" <-- important.
- Now restart WinEdt
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests