LaTeX forum ⇒ Texmaker and TeXstudiotexmaker could not show up in win10 with miktex

Information and discussion about Texmaker, an integrated LaTeX environment for several platforms, and the related TeXstudio
kevinpsk

texmaker could not show up in win10 with miktex

Postby kevinpsk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi there,

I have been able to use Texmaker on Win10 with MiKtex for some time until my computer crashed and I had to force it to shut down. After that, whenever I try to start Texmaker again, the window just could not show up. See the screen cut below for details,

Capture.JPG
screen cut1
Capture.JPG (16.33 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

I have tried reinstall both texmaker and miktex, but both couldn’t work. I am using texstudio now which is fine. So does anyone know what might be wrong in this situation?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Shuokai Pan
Last edited by Johannes_B on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Completely removed a screenshot containing irrelevant information.

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Welcome,

i removed the second very very large screenshot. It was far too large for the page but not detailed enough to see anything.

I honestly can't tell you why you are running into those problems. Maybe it is the fault of Windows, i really don't know. TeXstudio is a better editor anyway.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi Shuokai,

welcome to the forum!

I guess it's impossible in this case to find the reason remotely. Maybe continue using TeXstudio, it started as a fork from Texmaker (called TexmakerX at that time) and is more advanced.

I use TeXworks and I'm very satisfied with it.

Stefan
Site admin

Return to “Texmaker and TeXstudio”