The Windows Event Log provides the following information (in German):
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: texmaker.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x61310b2b Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: texmaker.exe, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x61310b2b Ausnahmecode: 0xc00000fd Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000ae929 ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x4288 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7b83a44703531 Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Texmaker\texmaker.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Texmaker\texmaker.exe Berichtskennung: 9c99a91e-614b-496a-b999-f28c8f07b9fa Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
Some more details:
- I have tried several recent versions of Texmaker (5.x.x) and the problem seems to occur with all these versions.
- I have been using a former version of Texmaker (4.1.1) to edit the same file (and many other files of similar length/complexity) for more than 5 years without any problems.
- Without editing I can compile and view the document with Texmaker.
- The file contains a mathematical text with a lot of theorems and formulas.
- The problem can't be reproduced with small LaTeX files (which is why I can't provide a simple example).
- The problem depends on the location where I enter thopening brace. I can do so at the end of the file, but not at the beginning of the file. The problem seems to begin roughly at line number ( total number of lines - 10000 ), with the section in between looking "harmless".
- I suspect that the problem is related to the "structure analysis" done by Texmaker. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible to switch this off.
On the web I have found a few descriptions of similar problems but no solutions. I am grateful to any suggestions on how to avoid the problem. (Note that I find it more convenient to keep my document in a single file. Also I am considering trying TeXstudio instead of Texmaker, but as they are related, I fear that I might run into the same problems here.) Many thanks in advance.