Hello to all,
I am quite new to using LaTeX and even newer to using it with LyX. However, I tried to use the TikZ package from LyX.
I did it the following way:
1. download the package and extract the file content to Program Files\MikTeX\
2. Insert one of the example codes (see link above) in TeXnic Center - works.
3. Insert the same example code as a new TeX code block ('Insert TeX code') into LyX. When Compiling, i get a few errors, mainly 'Can be used only in preamble' and 'Environment tikzpicture undefined', and a few others.
4. I fixed these errors by deleting the \documentclass and \enddocument commands. In addition, I inserted the \usepackage and the \usetikzlibrary commands in the document settings (Document -> Settings -> Latex preamble). Of course, i deleted these lines from the code.
5. I still get errors when compiling:
A few of them are like 'Missing } or \cr' inserted.
The others go like 'Package error: No shape named base is known'. Sometimes, it says 'M' instead of 'shape'.
What can i do to solve these problems?
Thank you a lot in advance for your help!
/EDIT: corrected the error messages
LaTeX forum ⇒ LyX ⇒ Use TikZ with LyX
Information and discussion about LyX, a WYSIWYM editor, available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X systems.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 9206
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:06 pm
- Location: Braunschweig, Germany
pooz wrote:Maybe you need to include the "pgfplots" package?
I guess TikZ depends on it. [...]
It's right the other way round. The pgfplots package depends on pgf/tikZ.
SenZe wrote:[...] download the package and extract the file content to Program Files\MikTeX\ [...]
Just use the MiKTeX Package Manager to install packages subsequently.
Best regards and welcome to the board
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest