First of all, thanks for reading my topic. I write in LyX with the babel package in French.
I have to hand in my dissertation in a few days, but I still have issues with dictionary integration and using. Here is my Lyx configuration.
- I clicked in "Tools ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Spellchecker", "spell-checking" engine is "Enchant". Anyway, there is no other choice.
- In "Alternative language" is written "Français".
- I have read forums in which people say that in "Tools ⇾ Preferences ⇾ Path ⇾ Hunspell dictionaries", you have to select "hunspell" dictionary in your language. The problem is the check-boxis grey, and you cannot select anything, like you see it on this picture.
- And yet, I did install "hunspell-fr 1:3.3.0-2" package. I point out that are installed on my machine : "enchant 220.127.116.11" package, and my LyX version is 2.0.6-1.
- Finally, in "Document ⇾ Settings ⇾ Language", "Français" is selected, and in "Encoding" is checked « Other » with "Language Default (no intputenc)". In "Language package" "Default" is selected.
If someone knows how to deal with it and make spellchecking work, thanks a million!