LaTeX forum ⇒ TeX Live and MacTeXPackages from Distribution Repository cause Trouble Topic is solved

Information and discussion about TeX Live distribution for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) and the related MacTeX: installing, updating, configuring
plusminus

Packages from Distribution Repository cause Trouble

Postby plusminus » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Three days ago I installed LMDE. The next step was to add Kile with all packages by these steps.
  1. sudo apt-get install texlive-full
  2. sudo texhash

However pst-vectorian and "mpfnmark" don't work.

Shall I change something?

According to the information about texlive-pstricks the package pst-vectorian is included there.

Tags:

localghost
Site Moderator

Postby localghost » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:47 pm

plusminus wrote:[…] According to the information about texlive-pstricks the package pst-vectorian is included there.

I can't say anything about this repsository and its content. I only know that the `mpfnmark` package doesn't officially exist anymore (since about ten years) and its functionality has been incorporated into the footmisc package. Perhaps you can get `mpfnmark` from somewhere in the net and integrate it manually into your TeX installation.

Regardless of that it may be worth a thought about installing a vanilla TeX Live from either DVD or by the web installer over the net.

Best regards and welcome to the board
Thorsten
LaTeX Community Moderator
How to make a "Minimal Example"
Board Rules
Avoidable Mistakes

¹ System: openSUSE 42.2 (Linux 4.4.52), TeX Live 2016 (vanilla), TeXworks 0.6.1

plusminus

Postby plusminus » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:02 am

Thank you very much for your answer.
The last four days I had a lot of trouble installing vanilla TeX Live on LMDE. As they were some further problems with that OS I tried LM15.
Result: vanilla TeX live installed successfully.
Already added pst-vectorian, nice package.

best wishes
pm

Return to “TeX Live and MacTeX”