LaTeX forum ⇒ TeX Live and MacTeXUpgrade Pretest Version to Release Version Topic is solved

Information and discussion about TeX Live distribution for all platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) and the related MacTeX: installing, updating, configuring
iostream

Upgrade Pretest Version to Release Version

Postby iostream » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Hello,

at the moment I am using/testing TeX Live 2013 (tlpretest). How do I upgrade from pretest to the official release? Or more precisely: Is a repository change enough or do I have to reinstall?

Best Regards,
iostream

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:55 pm

I don't know right now what you need to do, but as far as i know, TL 2013 is still testing. But the official release should be coming soon.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

iostream

Postby iostream » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't know right now what you need to do

During the texlive installation I choosed a pretest repository.
I think in some weeks the pretest repositories are not updated anymore due to the official release.

My question is: Is a repository change to a release repository enough for a "upgrade from pretest to release"?

cgnieder
Site Moderator

Postby cgnieder » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Hi iostream,

Welcome to the LaTeX community!

I can't answer your question but I think your best chance for a qualified answer is the TeX Live mailing list: http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-live

Regards
site moderator & package author

iostream

Postby iostream » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:13 am

Ok, thanks...I try it with the mailing list ;)

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 am

I'm pretty sure the official way is to do a new installation and to remove the pretest folder. That's also the recommended way for a distribution upgrade such as from 2012 to 2013. Sounds heavy, but once the yearly update is done the package and tlmgr updates are small.

Stefan
LaTeX.org admin

Return to “TeX Live and MacTeX”