LaTeX forum ⇒ OthersProject : A WYSIWYG LaTeX complex tables editor

Information and discussion about other tools not listed above.
JDMCreator

Project : A WYSIWYG LaTeX complex tables editor

Postby JDMCreator » Thu May 11, 2017 1:04 am

Hi everyone !

I started a project a few months ago after I encountered problems writing massive and complex tables in LaTeX : a free, open source, web-hosted, full-featured WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) table editor written in JavaScript. I posted it on Kickstarter today as I would really like to be able to work on it full-time and release it sooner with the support of the community. If I can't meet my goal (which is very small - my rent for two months), I will release it anyway, but it will take more time : a year or more, as this is a very large-scale project with many features. I think it could be done in one to three months if I work full time on it.

I know WYSIWYG editors for LaTeX are frowned upon in the community. However, I think they can become a necessity when you try to write large and complex tables. A WYSIWYG editor let you focus on your data and the content of your table.

I encourage you to check it out and contribute if you think it would help you. I will gladly answer any questions, comments or requests for features.

Xavier

Tags:

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Mon May 22, 2017 4:08 pm

Hi Xavier,

that's very interesting! Typesetting big tables can really be a bit laborious. And a GUI can make it easy to try several layout options to visually examine the result for finally choosing one.

Stefan
Site admin

Return to “Others”