LaTeX forum ⇒ Theses, Books, Title pagesNo bibliography appears and references appear as "?"

Classicthesis, Bachelor and Master thesis, PhD, Doctoral degree
eleanortrimble

Re: No bibliography appears and references appear as "?"

Postby eleanortrimble » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Hi Val,

I really love the layout of this document, thank you!

I am also having a problem with my bibliography. I use JabRef to compile my bilbiogrphy, this has worked fine for me in different documents before, and I save my file as eleanor_master_references.bib.

When I try to configure BibTex in my THESIS.tex file (this is how I named the main file) I get the warning message "Warning --I didn't find a database entry for "referenceofjournal"" I've tried this with multiple references and none of them are working. I have changed the name in the Bibliography.tex file to match my bibliography file (i.e. \bibliography{eleanor_master_references}). I have a bibliography title that appears, however there's nothing in it, and in the document like everyone else I am just getting [?].
To add, I have also saved my bibliography document (eleanor_master_references.bib) in the same file as THESIS.tex.

Can you think of why I am still having this problem? Thanks you in advance :)

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Welcome,

the masters-doctoral-thesis template got a major update this fall. The old template is now officially obsolete. The updated version uses package biblatex to deal with citations. You should have a look.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Return to “Theses, Books, Title pages”