LaTeX forum ⇒ TeXworksglossaries | Script for Glossary, Acronyms and Symbols

Information and discussion about TeXworks, an integrated LaTeX environment for several platforms
CeoN

glossaries | Script for Glossary, Acronyms and Symbols

Postby CeoN » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:47 am

Hi,

I just got the "glossaries" package working by using the supplied information in the "LaTeX Community Know How Section", specifically: Using makeindex explicitly. To build my PDF file from Texworks i now run five steps:

1. First run of PDFLaTeX.
  2. Make Glossaries
    1. makeindex -s $basename.ist -t $basename.glg -o $basename.gls $basename.glo
  3. Make Acronyms
    1. makeindex -s $basename.ist -t $basename.alg -o $basename.acr $basename.acn
  4. Make Symbols
    1. makeindex -s $basename.ist -t $basename.slg -o $basename.sym $basename.sbl
  5. Second run of PDFLaTeX.

The questions:

1. Can I somehow combine all these steps so only one click on the green "Typeset" button is necessary to produce the final PDF?
  2. I used to use TeXworks default run option "PDFLaTeX+MakeIndex+BibTeX" which uses texify.exe before. Can I combine the steps above with this option? I assume that I'm missing the BibTeX command now, don't I? Are the new options for MiKTeX and PDFLaTeX identical to the former ones?

Tags:

nlct

Postby nlct » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:36 pm

You could try using latexmk. There's a section in latexmk's documentation on how to add the dependences required for makeglossaries. Then you just need to add latexmk as a new tool in TeXworks (See, for example, this page which includes how to add latexmk as a new tool in TeXworks).

Regards
Nicola Talbot

Return to “TeXworks”