LaTeX forum ⇒ GeneralInstalling Latex

LaTeX specific issues not fitting into one of the other forums of this category.
kristianek

Installing Latex

Postby kristianek » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:20 pm

I need to install LaTeX on my work computer. I started by installing MiKTeX (with packages installed on the fly), and then TeXMaker. When i try to compile a simple document in MiKTeX (TexWorks) I get this error (snapshot of the logfile)

Can anyone help me?

Kristian

error.png
error.png (89.51 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Last edited by cgnieder on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: scaled image down so it doesn't destroy forum view

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Ulrike Fischer wrote:I think there was a bug in texworks which looked some files and so prevented on-the-fly installation. Closing everything and then compiling on the command line should work. An update should solve the problem too but one should read the section about "critical updates" first: How should one maintain and update a MiKTeX installation?

Thanks Ulrike

There seems to be an open bug: Install packages on-the-fly for all users fails with Windows API error 87

I am not a MiKTeX user, so am relying on others information. You can use the package manager to install all packages, no mnissing packages in that case :-)
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

kristianek

Postby kristianek » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Thanks for your help. I fixed the problem by uninstalling MiKTeX and installing it again, but this time only for current user (me) and not "for all users". Now everything is working great.

Return to “General”