LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & TablesDescription of \tkzTabVal - how does it work?

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
Tolaso

Description of \tkzTabVal - how does it work?

Postby Tolaso » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:20 am

Hello,

I am new here. I am writing a journal in LaTeX. I am no beginner in it but I am still facing some problems trying to undestand some packages. For example the Journal requires me to actually "draw" some monotony tables. I am using my favorite package to do so , namely tikz. Thus I load "tikz - tab".

I follow the manual , which has quite plenty of examples but since it is in French and that's not my native language I cannot make the most of it. Therefore when I have to use \tkzTabVal function I get stuck and I work blind.

So, can someone explain to me how it works? I know the general syntax is like this: \tkzTabVal{}{}{}{}{}

where the 4th argument is optional and the 5th argument is actually the one to fill so that it is injected into the drawing but the first three arguements I have completely no idea how they are filled.

If you could enlighten me that would be great. Thank you in advance.
Tolaso.

Tags:

Tolaso

Postby Tolaso » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 am

No one ?

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:53 pm

Welcome, you need a bit of patience.

We are very very few helpers, and personally, i don't know much of TikZ. I don't even know which package you are referring to, right now. A few more information would be great, maybe even a minimal working example to know what all this is about.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Johannes,

it's tkz-tab. One may use a translator software (or do it online) and read the source code.

Tolaso: I read there and found it complicated too. :-) But for sure it should be understandable. I just gave up after a minute since I did not really know what you are doing. If you would post a Infominimal working example with such a table drawing, that we can test and understand too, that would help.

Stefan
Site admin

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”