LaTeX forum ⇒ Graphics, Figures & TablesTikZ - drawing functions

Information and discussion about graphics, figures & tables in LaTeX documents.
tardis93

TikZ - drawing functions

Postby tardis93 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:40 pm

Hy, everyone. I have to replicate this three functions in LaTeX using TikZ and I clearly don't know how to write it, do you know any sites with tutorials or with examples so I can try and do it myself. Also we have to do two functions with cubic Bezier interpolation and one with linear interpolation. Also we have to draw it in 100 dots, can you explain me what does that mean, and here are the functions and function graph, so could anyone introduce me a little bit with TikZ i would be so gratefull :) Thank you

Here are the links for the pictures of functions and how should the graph look like:)
http://i48.tinypic.com/9gd62x.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/15cdhg0.jpg

Tags:

mas

Postby mas » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:45 pm

Take a look at pgfplots. It can do what you want. You can post your attempts and someone will definitely help you :-)

Regards.

OS: Debian/GNU Linux; LaTeX System : TeXLive; Editor : Vim

cgnieder
Site Moderator

Postby cgnieder » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:20 pm

The TikZ manual (pgfmanual) can be a bit scary at the beginning but it is very comprehensive and has excellent tutorials. Also, there is TeXample, a website that presents lots of TikZ examples. The combination of both or mas' suggestion (pgfplots) should at least get you started.

Regards
Clemens
------------------------------
chemmacros · chemformula · leadsheets · xsim

tardis93

Postby tardis93 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks alot guys, I will update you with my progress later. Once more, thank you very much :)

Return to “Graphics, Figures & Tables”