LaTeX forum ⇒ New MembersHello Everyone

You would like to introduce yourself before starting to post? That's a nice idea and here is the forum for you...
femakin01

Hello Everyone

Postby femakin01 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:01 pm

Good day guys, my name is femi from Nigeria. I studied mathematics in the university. want to have a better knowledge of latex. thanks

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi and welcome, a forum like this is a good place to gather some knowledge. :-)
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Femi,

welcome to the forum!

Feel free to post any question you have about LaTeX. Here are some good introductions and tutorials: LaTeX Resources for Beginners.

Stefan
Site admin

femakin01

Postby femakin01 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:32 am

please I don't know may be there's an online course someone can take in other to be certified in latex training. There by getting a certificate at the end. Thanks

Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:45 am

I know many training material online, but I did not see any official training or any certificate. There are LaTeX workshops at conferences and meetings. There's one international meeting each year, this year in Toronto, Canada. But that's offline an requires travel. Besides possible training at a university or institute, I think there's only self-training. Like reading online tutorials or a LaTeX book.

Stefan
Site admin

femakin01

Postby femakin01 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Thanks, but I don't know may be there's a source you can link me with here in nigeria.

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Just like Stefan i don't know any courses that give you a yes, he knows something about LaTeX-certificate.

But i can recommend LaTeX for complete novices. I hear the LaTeX beginners guide is also good. It is written by our administrator Stefan.
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Return to “New Members”