LaTeX forum ⇒ Document ClassesHow to combine multiple IEEEtran articles without losing style

Information and discussion about specific document classes and how to create your own document classes.
anthony1

How to combine multiple IEEEtran articles without losing style

Postby anthony1 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:46 pm

I'm trying to merge multiple IEEEtran articles into one file, without losing style. Here's the original file (title block looks nice and clean):
  1. \documentclass[journal,transmag]{IEEEtran}
  3. \begin{document}
  5. \title{Bare Demo of IEEEtran.cls for \textsc{Transactions on Magnetics}}
  6. \author{\IEEEauthorblockN{Michael Shell\IEEEauthorrefmark{1},
  7. Homer Simpson\IEEEauthorrefmark{2},
  8. James Kirk\IEEEauthorrefmark{3},
  9. Montgomery Scott\IEEEauthorrefmark{3}, and
  10. Eldon Tyrell\IEEEauthorrefmark{4},~\IEEEmembership{Fellow,~IEEE}}
  11. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{1}School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
  12. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 USA}
  13. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{2}Twentieth Century Fox, Springfield, USA}
  14. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{3}Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, CA 96678 USA}
  15. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{4}Tyrell Inc., 123 Replicant Street, Los Angeles, CA 90210 USA}% <-this % stops an unwanted space
  16. }
  17. \markboth{Journal of \LaTeX\ Class Files,~Vol.~13, No.~9, September~2014}%
  18. {Shell \MakeLowercase{\textit{et al.}}: Bare Demo of IEEEtran.cls for Journals}
  19. \maketitle
  21. \end{document}

When i'm trying to merge couple of articles into one file using Combine, title block style seems broken:
  1. \documentclass[colclass=IEEEtran,journal,transmag]{combine}
  3. \begin{document}
  5. \title{Bare Demo of IEEEtran.cls for \textsc{Transactions on Magnetics}}
  6. \author{\IEEEauthorblockN{Michael Shell\IEEEauthorrefmark{1},
  7. Homer Simpson\IEEEauthorrefmark{2},
  8. James Kirk\IEEEauthorrefmark{3},
  9. Montgomery Scott\IEEEauthorrefmark{3}, and
  10. Eldon Tyrell\IEEEauthorrefmark{4},~\IEEEmembership{Fellow,~IEEE}}
  11. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{1}School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
  12. Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332 USA}
  13. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{2}Twentieth Century Fox, Springfield, USA}
  14. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{3}Starfleet Academy, San Francisco, CA 96678 USA}
  15. \IEEEauthorblockA{\IEEEauthorrefmark{4}Tyrell Inc., 123 Replicant Street, Los Angeles, CA 90210 USA}% <-this % stops an unwanted space
  16. }
  17. \markboth{Journal of \LaTeX\ Class Files,~Vol.~13, No.~9, September~2014}%
  18. {Shell \MakeLowercase{\textit{et al.}}: Bare Demo of IEEEtran.cls for Journals}
  19. \maketitle
  21. \end{document}

TexStudio marks \IEEEauthorblockN and \IEEEauthorblockA as unrecognized commands. As far as i understand, Combine package suppress IEEEtran commands.

How can i use Combine without losing IEEEtran style? I want merged articles to keep its original style. Is there a more elegant way of merging articles?

logs:
  1. Expect warnings like:(combine) LaTeX Warning: Unused global option(s):(combine) [colclass=IEEEtran].
  2. Unused global option(s): [colclass=IEEEtran].
  3. Overfull \hbox (1322.6119pt too wide) in paragraph
  4. Unused global option(s): [colclass=IEEEtran].

Tags:

Johannes_B
Site Moderator

Postby Johannes_B » Fri May 19, 2017 6:46 am

Why don't you use pdfpages or a tool like pdfmerge to merge the already finished pdf files?
The smart way: Calm down and take a deep breath, read posts and provided links attentively, try to understand and ask if necessary.

Return to “Document Classes”