LaTeX forum ⇒ OthersTexlipse problem with bibtex

Information and discussion about other LaTeX editors not listed above
deathlypest
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Texlipse problem with bibtex

Postby deathlypest » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:41 pm

I have a latex main file

  1. \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{article}
  2. \begin{document}
  3. \usepackage{natbib}
  4. \cite{1}
  5.  
  6.  
  7.  
  8. \bibliographystyle{apa}
  9. \bibliography{mybib}
  10. \nocite{*}
  11.  
  12. \pagenumbering{arabic}
  13.  
  14.  
  15. \end{document}


bibtex file which is definitly 100 percent correct.

I have built a project with Texlipse and run .tex file. bibtex can not be invoked.I have attached document.log.



It really drives me crazy.If anyone can help me or give some advise, I will really appreciate that.
Attachments
document.log
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Last edited by Stefan Kottwitz on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: inline code changed to code block

Tags:

User avatar
Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin
Posts: 8536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 pm

If you cannot run BibTeX from Texlipse, run it externally via the command prompt, typing

  1. bibtex document


Afterwards run LaTeX again.

Stefan
Site admin

deathlypest
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Postby deathlypest » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Stefan_K wrote:If you cannot run BibTeX from Texlipse, run it externally via the command prompt, typing

  1. bibtex document


Afterwards run LaTeX again.

Stefan


Ah.. Sorry for these dummy questions .Texlipse seems can not generate bib.aux atuomatically which is need by the command bibtex filename.How should I cope with this?

Thanks a lot.:)

User avatar
Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin
Posts: 8536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm

It should be document.aux for document.tex. BibTeX has to be run on the document name, not on the .bib file name.

Stefan
Site admin

deathlypest
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Postby deathlypest » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Stefan_K wrote:It should be document.aux for document.tex. BibTeX has to be run on the document name, not on the .bib file name.

Stefan


Thanks for your explaination.I have tried what you have said. And got a bunch of errors I cannot quite understand.

I attached them and why the same error message outputed 3 times.How could I probably fix them?
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (17.36 KiB) Viewed 4053 times

User avatar
Stefan Kottwitz
Site Admin
Posts: 8536
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Postby Stefan Kottwitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:25 pm

Remove that comma. You could also post that .bib file here as attachment.

Stefan
Site admin

deathlypest
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Postby deathlypest » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Stefan_K wrote:Remove that comma. You could also post that .bib file here as attachment.

Stefan


it looks like this
@INPROCEEDINGS{1,
AUTHOR={ Indre Zliobaite, Albert Bifet, Bernhard Pfahringer and Geoff Holmes },
TITLE={Active Learning with Evolving Streaming Data},
BOOKTITLE={ECML PKDD'11 Proceedings of the 2011 European conference on Machine learning and knowledge discovery in databases },
PAGES={Volume Part III Pages 597-612 },
YEAR={2011}
}

@ARTICLE{2,
AUTHOR={Lindstrom and Patrick et al},
TITLE={Handling Concept Drift in T ext Data Stream Constrained by High Labelling Cost},
JOURNAL={Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society Conference (FLAIRS)},
YEAR={2010}
}
@INPROCEEDINGS{3,
AUTHOR={ Georg Krempl and Vera Hofer},
TITLE={Classification in Presence of Drift and Latency},
booktitle={11th IEEE International Conference on Data Mining Workshops (ICDMW 2011) },
YEAR={2011}
}


thx


Return to “Others”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests