LaTeX forum ⇒ Texmaker and TeXstudioTexmaker very slow (freezes) with labels and (sub)sections

Information and discussion about Texmaker, an integrated LaTeX environment for several platforms, and the related TeXstudio
JohnBarrdear

Texmaker very slow (freezes) with labels and (sub)sections

Postby JohnBarrdear » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm using Texmaker v3.4.1 on Windows 7.

I have quite a large document (roughly 70 pages at present, it will grow to roughly 200) with a correspondingly large number of chapters, (sub)sections and labels.

I am finding that Texmaker becomes very slow, even unresponsive, when I create a new (sub(sub))section heading or label, or when I modify an existing one.

I have tried turning off "Check for external changes" in the editor options, but had no luck (although that does seem to have improved it a tiny bit).

It doesn't seem to matter if I have the structure view open or not, or if I have the PDFviewer open or not.

It's obviously quite frustrating. Does anybody else have this problem or, better yet, have any suggestions on how to deal with it?

------------------

Update: I have realised that this problem only occurs when I have been working in a single session for a long time (including closing Texmaker, later restarting it and choosing to "Restore previous session"). If I close the application, restart it and open my documents manually, it all speeds up again.

I've logged an issue here: https://code.google.com/p/texmaker/issues/detail?id=716

jjabramovich

Postby jjabramovich » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:20 pm

I've had the same problem in a large document (~50 pages) with multiple input files when editing chapter and section names. Your updated solution does not seem to work in my case but a small workaround is to remove the last }, edit the title as plain text, and then close with } again (with a small lag).
I would guess the problem stems from automatic structure updates even with the tab closed.

System: win7 64 bit.

Return to “Texmaker and TeXstudio”